It’s true isn’t it? We all need more visits to our website because more visits means more opportunities which equate to more inquiries which lead to more sales – right?
Before looking to bring in more visitors take a long, hard look at your website, if it’s not generating inquiries for you today, bringing in more visitors does not mean that enquiries will increase tomorrow, they’ll just do what every other visitor does.
You need to….
- …make sure that your content focuses on your visitors – that’s less “me” and more “you”
- …stop talking about the things you do – you should be talking about the benefits a client will gain from engaging with you (tip – it’s the latter that people use when making their buying decisions)
- …make sure your website is easy to navigate
- …ensure that your site is easy to read – copy and paste key content in to read-able.com to make sure that the average reading age is no higher than 13
- …have clear calls-to-action on every page so that visitors know what is expected of them. “Buy Now” and “Browse for More” work really well on e-commerce sites whilst “Call“, “Email“, Subscribe Now” work for more serviced focused businesses.
- …make sure that your pages open quickly – you only have about 3 seconds to capture a visitors interest so you have to be on the ball. Google Analytics and Pingdom are valuable tools to help assess the speed of your site.
- …make good use of your USP – that special magic that you do that sets you apart from your competition?
If you’ve nailed all of the above – then it’s time to start looking for more web traffic and you can make a start today by giving me a call –
01793 238020 or by sending an email to email@example.com for a confidential, free, and zero obligation chat