Simple – a great website is one that works and delivers the results you need, whether that’s
– Brand Awareness
– Phone Calls
This means that it delivers on your goals. These could include the number of pages visitors look at, the amount of time they spend on the site, newsletter subscriptions, inquiries, downloads, purchases etc.
To maximise the results that your website delivers it needs to look good, but – and this is far more important – it needs to be user friendly. To be laid out in the way that web users expect it
Too many web sites feature too many words, making key messages difficult to understand.
Put simply, content needs to be easy to scan. Key elements need to be picked out in bold [or a different colour], or through the use of bullet points.
From a visitor’s perspective a great website –
- Opens quickly [under 3 seconds is the best]
- Is easy to understand so the visitor knows that they’re in the right place
- Has great content that’s well laid out,easy to scan and focused on the visitor.
- Has logical Navigation that’s intuitive
- Has obvious calls-to-action
Talking about benefits is key – this means a lot less “we do” and a lot more about “you will”. i.e. The benefits your customer will gain from choosing your business.
- Talk benefits not features
- Tell people what differentiates you from your competition [USP]
- Keep it Simple
Simple calls-to-action work well too, letting your visitor know what the next step is. Here’s mine.
For a free, no obligation chat about making your website work harder simply get in touch now